: Employment Opportunities
At Colorado Ballet, you will enjoy the confidence and security of working with a dynamic growing arts organization that has been part of the Colorado arts community for more than 50 years. We have an exciting array of employment opportunities. From experienced performing arts professionals through entry-level positions, Colorado Ballet seeks out the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer a benefits package for our full-time employees and all staff have the opportunity to attend the productions they help bring to life! Colorado Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.
*If you are a dancer seeking employment, please refer to our audition schedule.
Click here for internships at Colorado Ballet.
The Position: The Development Assistant is a member of the Development Department of Colorado Ballet and reports to the Development Director. This position is full-time and benefited with an annual salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
70% Development Support
- Manages the Tessitura database for the Development Department of Colorado Ballet, including processing of contributions and acknowledgments, RSVPs and payments for events, list pulls for quarterly donor mail campaigns, and updating constituent donor files
- Supports implementation and use of the Tessitura database by Development Department staff
- Manages Denver Enterprise Zone tax credit processes, including issuing constituent forms and agency annual and quarterly reports
- Manages silent auction donation requests to Colorado Ballet
- Serves as a liaison to the Colorado Ballet Auxiliary, including support for the Sugarplum and Alum program, the Esprit de Corps program, the Backstage program, and the Gala
- Manages the acknowledgments for Colorado Ballet special events and the Colorado Ballet Auxiliary Gala
- Manages creation and distribution of electronic and hard copy invitations for Colorado Ballet special events
- Supports the cultivation and stewardship of donors, including attending performances and special events
30% Assistant to the Department
- Manages calendars, appointments, etc. as requested by the Development Director and Assistant Development Director
- Secretarial duties related to Development Committee meetings and other such events as assigned
- Assists the Development Director as requested
- Strong analytical and administrative skills
- Strong writing skills
- Exemplary verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Detail oriented
- Ability to maintain and protect confidentiality of sensitive materials
- Experience with the following computer software: Tessitura (or similar donor database software, like Raiser’s Edge), Outlook, Excel, and Word (especially mail merges)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends. Travel is not required.
- 4-year college degree in related field
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without these required items will not be considered. No phone calls please – all submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.