: Employment Opportunities
At Colorado Ballet, you will enjoy the confidence and security of working with a dynamic growing arts organization that has been part of the Colorado arts community for more than 50 years. We have an exciting array of employment opportunities. From experienced performing arts professionals through entry-level positions, Colorado Ballet seeks out the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer a benefits package for our full-time employees and all staff have the opportunity to attend the productions they help bring to life! Colorado Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.
*If you are a dancer seeking employment, please refer to our audition schedule.
Click here for internships at Colorado Ballet.
The Position: The Development Associate is an integral member of the Development Department of Colorado Ballet and reports to the Development Director. This position is full-time and benefited with an annual salary commensurate with experience.
The Development Associate has primary responsibility for management of the donor database, gift processing and acknowledgement, direct mail solicitations, regular donor communications, and event support and coordination.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Database Management
- Manage the development donor database including maintaining the integrity of the data by:
- Ensuring accurate and timely data entry
- Making data entry corrections as necessary
- Maintaining up-to-date donor contact information and giving histories
- Managing pledge reminders and gift renewals
- Collaborate with finance and development staff to ensure completeness and accuracy of donor data and funds raised.
- Create and send invoices as necessary
- Contact donors directly to resolve discrepancies
- Create and send necessary acknowledgements and tax information, as appropriate
- Generate lists of existing and prospective donors based on various criteria
- Prepare various financial and donor reports and analyses
- File periodic reports with appropriate governmental agencies
- Manage the production of departmental direct mailings
- Annual Giving and Major Gifts
- Work with Director of Development and other Development Staff in managing and growing Annual Giving and Major Gifts
- Conduct ongoing individual prospect research
- In collaboration with Director of Development, initiate contact and follow up with individual prospects, as appropriate.
- Work with the Director of Development to prepare for meetings with prospective donors.
- Draft thank you letters and manage other ongoing correspondence with individuals.
- Cultivation and stewardship:
- Attend performances and special events
- Conduct back stage tours at the performance venue
- Organize events for younger patrons geared towards generating long term interest and support of the ballet.
- Assist in the stewardship plan to ensure appropriate recognition of donors at all giving levels and to cultivate Major Gifts.
- Assist with special stewardship projects including: follow up letters after events, holiday card mailings, personal calls to donors, etc.
- Event planning and coordination
- Create and distribute invitations and process responses including payment processing.
- Procure venues and handle food/drink requirements/catering/etc. (as needed).
- Serve on Gala Committee in organizing annual fundraising gala, as well as other events throughout the year.
- Record, track, and report all auction items.
- Enter all related information into the development database.
- Organize volunteers to help with events, as necessary.
- Assist the Development Director/Development Department as requested
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational, analytical and administrative skills
- Strong writing skills
- Exemplary verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, frequently under time pressure
- Ability to maintain and protect confidentiality of sensitive materials
- Experience with the following computer software: Tessitura (or similar donor database software, like Raiser’s Edge), MS Office products (especially mail merges)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends. Travel is not required.
- 4-year college degree in related field
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com
. Submissions without these required items will not be considered. No phone calls please – all submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.