: Employment Opportunities
At Colorado Ballet, you will enjoy the confidence and security of working with a dynamic growing arts organization that has been part of the Colorado arts community for more than 50 years. We have an exciting array of employment opportunities. From experienced performing arts professionals through entry-level positions, Colorado Ballet seeks out the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer a benefits package for our full-time employees and all staff have the opportunity to attend the productions they help bring to life! Colorado Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.
*If you are a dancer seeking employment, please refer to our audition schedule.
Click here for internships at Colorado Ballet.
Assistant Director of Development
Position Summary: Colorado Ballet is seeking an integral member of our team to be responsible for achieving annual fundraising goals for a $2.5 million campaign through retention of current donors and acquisition of new donors. The Assistant Director of Development will report to the Director of Development. This position is full-time and benefited with an annual salary commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Development and the Development Committee to identify, establish, maintain, grow and/or nurture relationships with current and prospective corporate donors and sponsors
- Build a giving campaign with parents of the Academy students
- Solicit support for the Education and Community Engagement programs of Colorado Ballet
- With support from the golf committee, manage the Dick Saunders Classic Golf Tournament
- Assist with other special event planning and execution
- Manage donor giving levels and execution of related donor benefits
- Report fundraising progress to Development Committee
- Bachelor’s degree plus work experience in related field
- Strong interest in performing arts – passion for ballet is a plus
- 4+ years fundraising experience, including demonstrated experience with face-to-face solicitation (specifically corporate solicitation), special events, cultivation practices, and donor stewardship. Sales experience is also welcome
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite, and excel knowledge. Familiarity with fundraising databases preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends. Travel is not required.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without these required items will not be considered. No phone calls please – all submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Colorado Ballet Education & Community Engagement - Outreach Dance Instructor
Position Summary: Colorado Ballet is seeking a motivated individual for a position as an Outreach Dance Instructor for our Dance Renaissance and Workshop programs. This is an ideal part-time position for an instructor currently teaching for multiple organizations and looking to add a few hours a week. Hours are extremely part-time, averaging 2-5 hours per week during the school year and 5-10 hours per month in the summer months. The majority of teaching time for outreach instructors occurs between 2:30pm and 6:30pm on weekdays. This position has hourly rates for both assisting and teaching, commensurate with experience. This position reports to the Education Programs Manager in the Education & Community Engagement department.
- Hour-long instruction at school sites across the Denver metro area as a part of the Dance Renaissance program (grades K-2, groups ranging from 10-25 students)
- Preparation of lesson plans for weekly classes, following a designated curriculum
- Responsible for music selection for classes (CD/mp3 player will be provided)
- Distribution of permission slips, dance wear and additional materials as received from the Education Programs Manager
- Optional attendance at outreach staff meetings (twice a year and paid administrative time)
- Regular communication with Education Programs Manager via email for scheduling, evaluation, etc.
- Opportunity to teach specific dance genres as a part of various workshop series
Qualifications: Colorado Ballet seeks the highest quality instructors to join our team. Our faculty brings the joy of dance to under-resourced communities across the Denver metro area.
Strong background in ballet, creative movement and other dance genres required
- Ability to work with students of all ages and abilities required
- Reliable transportation required
- Bachelor’s degree in Dance or related field preferred
- Experience working in public schools preferred
- Experience in classroom management and inclusive approach to dance education desired
- Spanish proficiency desired
Please submit a resume and sample lesson plan (Creative Movement for K-2nd graders) to email@example.com
. No phone calls please – all submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.