: Employment Opportunities
At Colorado Ballet, you will enjoy the confidence and security of working with a dynamic growing arts organization that has been part of the Colorado arts community for more than 50 years. We have an exciting array of employment opportunities. From experienced performing arts professionals through entry-level positions, Colorado Ballet seeks out the most talented and enthusiastic people to join our organization. We offer a benefits package for our full-time employees and all staff have the opportunity to attend the productions they help bring to life! Colorado Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.
*If you are a dancer seeking employment, please refer to our audition schedule.
Click here for internships at Colorado Ballet.
Social Media and Marketing Assistant
The Social Media and Marketing Assistant is responsible for shooting and editing photos and videos for social media, website and other channels to promote Colorado Ballet and its performances, Academy, outreach activities and special events. This position will also create additional content for Colorado Ballet’s social media channels. The Social Media and Marketing Assistant will assist with other marketing activities as needed including creating e-newsletters, updating the website, etc. The position will report to the Public Relations and Marketing Manager and will work closely with the Marketing Associate and Graphic Designer. He/she will also work collaboratively with ticketing department staff to promote performances as well as all other departments at Colorado Ballet including Development, Academy, and Education & Community Engagement. This is a part-time position, 20 to 30 hours per week.
- 1-2 years of professional social media experience including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Blog and Pinterest is preferred.
- Proficiency shooting and editing video is required, preferably with experience or training in news or documentary style. Experience editing in Adobe Premiere Pro is preferred.
- Experience shooting and editing photos using Adobe Photoshop is required.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative manner.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Social Media, Journalism, Broadcast, Marketing, Public Relations or other related field.
- Must have a passion for non-profit, arts, or cultural organizations.
- Preferred: Experience writing HTML and updating websites utilizing a content management system.
- Must be available during peak Company rehearsal times at least a few days a week (11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday-Friday)
Duties and Job Functions
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Shoot video of Colorado Ballet rehearsals, classes, and outreach events; conduct interviews with dancers, staff, students, teachers and choreographers; and edit videos to post on social media, e-mail blasts and other promotional channels.
- Shoot and edit photos of rehearsals and classes for social media, e-mail blasts and other promotional channels.
- Create additional engaging and dynamic content for Colorado Ballet’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Blog and Pinterest.
- Assist marketing staff with additional projects including website updates and e-blast creation (some HTML knowledge is needed), as well as other marketing promotions.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. Submissions without these required items will not be considered. We also encourage applicants to submit samples of social media posts, photos and videos with their application. No phone calls please – all submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Colorado Ballet Academy Administrator
The Colorado Ballet Academy Administrator is responsible for the day to day business operations of the academy. Job duties include registering students for classes, collecting/processing payments, interacting with students and parents in a professional way, scheduling of dance studios, and organizing various academy events. This position reports directly to the Academy Principal and also works closely with the Academy Director.
Position Duties and Functions
- Minimum 2 years general office experience
- Bookkeeping and/or basic accounting skills
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Proven experience working with a customer data base
- Strong organizational skills
- History of customer service in person, over the phone, and via email
- Dance background, HTML experience, and photography are all a plus
- Responsible for registering and tracking students, including data entry of customer information, logging attendance, and processing payments
- Coordinating instructor teaching schedules including helping to find substitutes
- Collecting instructor timesheets and submitting for payroll
- Communicating with parents, students, instructors, and other staff in a variety of ways including face to face, phone calls, email, etc.
- Creation and dissemination of periodic communications with parents and students about upcoming events including holidays, snow days, parent observation, performances, an academy newsletter and maintaining social media channels
- Simple maintenance of the academy website
- Maintaining the master schedule for all dance studios
- Tracking and following up on student evaluations
- Generating various management reports from the academy database
- Coordinating internal academy events such as student performances
- Organizing external performances by the academy students including ordering costumes, securing an event space, arranging logistics for the day of performance
- Performing minimal receptionist duties
- Other tasks as assigned
Work Hours (approximate):
- Salary – commensurate with experience
- Benefits – medical, dental, 401(k), vacation
- Tuesday thru Friday from 12:30-9 p.m., Saturday from approximately 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Application deadline is June 29, 2016
. Please send your resume and cover letter to: HR@coloradoballet.org
Submissions without these items will not be considered. No phone calls please.
All submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.