Colorado Ballet to Host The Nutcracker Gala November 19, 2021 at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House
DENVER, CO (October 27, 2021) – Colorado Ballet’s The Nutcracker Gala will be held November 19 at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House at the Denver Performing Arts Complex. One evening will make an impact that touches thousands throughout the entire year—The Nutcracker Gala will benefit Colorado Ballet's inspiring mission, Education & Community Engagement programs, and Academy scholarships. The event is being chaired by Jane and Skip Netzorg.
“We are so excited the ballet is back, and we are looking forward to the Nutcracker Gala as a beautiful way to kick-off the holiday season,” states Jane Netzorg, Gala co-chair with husband Skip Netzorg.
Celebrate the tradition of The Nutcracker like never before and experience the wonder of creative innovation. Join us in-person or virtually to celebrate 60 +1 years! Get a first glimpse of the stunning artistry captured in the new Nutcracker sets and costumes and be inspired by both a traditional and an innovative work performed live. Enjoy bubbly cocktails, a fairy tale auction, on-stage performances, and an opulent dinner in the Kingdom of the Sugar Plum Fairy as we join together to leap into the future of artistry, movement, and innovation.
The Nutcracker Gala begins at 6PM in The Ellie lobby with a cocktail reception, a Wine Pull sponsored by Colorado Ballet Auxiliary, a jewelry pull provided by John Atencio and a silent auction.
At 7PM, the virtual event will begin and at 7:30PM entertainment on the Ellie stage will begin. The program will feature The Nutcracker new set and costume unveiling, live performances of the Sugar Plum Pas de Deux and The Caged Bird Sings, followed by a live auction and paddle raise.
Following the entertainment and auction, an elaborate Nutcracker-themed dinner created by Kevin Taylor will be served and virtual attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy a catered dinner from the comfort of their home. Delivery options available. After dinner guests will enjoy coffee and chocolates in the Ellie Caulkins Foyer.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LIVE AUCTION
· PGA Championship. Enjoy exclusive passes for the entire week at one of golf’s major championships to be help in May 2022 at world-famous Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Also included: access to hospitality club, parking and 3 nights at Hotel Indigo.
· Dining in Hilltop Luxury. Enjoy a private gourmet dinner prepared by a Kevin Taylor restaurant chef and expert wine pairings selected by a certified Sommelier from Bubbles Liquor World at Cableland, the official residence of the Mayor of Denver.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SILENT AUCTION
· The Nutcracker opening Night Experience. Watch the curtain rise on the new Nutcracker sets and costumes with 4 Spotlight Circle seats. Then spend the night in luxury with a suite at Le Meridién Denver Downtown and enjoy dinner at the hotel’s restaurant, Corinne.
· Broadmoor Getaway. Journey to the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond award-winning Broadmoor resort in style with the use of a luxury Alfa Romeo or Maserati from Mike Ward Automotive. Enjoy a two-night stay plus a round of golf for two at one of The Broadmoor's legendary courses.
Colorado Ballet’s The Nutcracker Gala Chairs: Jane and Skip Netzorg Committee Members: Susan Bailey, Holly Baroway, Edie Bell, Jane Buckley, Allie Coppeak, Colleen Curran, Christine Del Ciotto, BJ Dyer, Jenna Grange, Alyson Graves, Nancy Hockemeier, Mandi Harvath, Mike Korenblat, Greg Laugero, Merry Logan, Geoff Long, Pam Piro, Doug Richards, Kristina Sablatura, Denise Sanderson, Zach Smith, Susan Stiff, Lisa Strachan, Mark Williams, Linda Yip
TABLES AND TICKETS
· Platinum Tables are $10,000 and include five hotel guest rooms downtown on the night of the gala and upgraded wines served at the gala
· Gold Tables are $5,000 and include upgraded wines, six tickets to a 2021/2022 production
· Silver Tables are $3,500
· Individual tickets are $350. Tickets for Backstage Barre member are $150
Virtual Gala Tickets
· Family of four package is $300 and includes dinner for 4 delivered to your home, exclusive behind the scenes footage, and special sealed delivery, as well as opportunity to bid on live auction items.
· Couples tickets are $200 and include dinner for 2 delivered to your home, exclusive behind the scenes footage, and special sealed delivery, as well as opportunity to bid on live auction items.
· Individual tickets are $50 and include exclusive behind the scenes footage, and special sealed delivery, as well as opportunity to bid on live auction items.
Tables, tickets and virtual event tickets and more info are available at (303) 339-1640 or online at COLORADOBALLET.ORG/GALA
Gala Covid Attendance Policy As part of Colorado Ballet Policy, all special event guests are required to show proof they are fully vaccinated from COVID-19 with a WHO or FDA-approved vaccine or show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the event. “Fully vaccinated” means two weeks after a person’s second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Guests are also required to wear masks at all times, except when eating or drinking.
These requirements are in effect until further notice and subject to change at any time.
The 2021/2022 Season presenting sponsors are PNC Bank, the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (SCFD), MidFirst Bank and Denver Ballet Guild. Supporting sponsors include Colorado Ballet Auxiliary, Genesee Mountain Foundation, Avenir Foundation, The Anschutz Foundation, Colorado Athletic Club, The Shubert Foundation, The Nichols Family Foundation, The Denver Foundation, Bonfils Stanton Foundation, Sherwin Williams, National Endowment for the Arts and Colorado Creative Industries.
ABOUT COLORADO BALLET
Presenting exceptional classical ballet and innovative contemporary dance through performances, training, education and community engagement, Colorado Ballet continues to inspire and grow an increasingly diverse audience base in Denver, Colorado. Established in 1961 by Lillian Covillo and Freidann Parker, Colorado Ballet is a non-profit organization celebrating 61 years of excellence. As a world-class professional company serving over 100,000 national and international patrons, Colorado Ballet presents 55 performances annually to sold-out audiences in the 2,000 seat Ellie Caulkins Opera House. The Company’s 32 professional dancers and 20 studio company dancers come from all over the world. Colorado Ballet’s The Armstrong Center for Dance, a 35,000 square foot building, boasts eight state-of-the-art professional dance studios and amenities for the professional Company. Under the direction of Artistic Director Gil Boggs, Colorado Ballet performs classical ballet masterpieces, full-length story ballets and its critically acclaimed repertory production Ballet MasterWorks, featuring varied works from neoclassical ballets to world premieres. The Raydean Acevedo Colorado Ballet Academy serves over 1,200 students from toddlers to seniors each year. Colorado Ballet’s Education & Community Engagement offers programs to students and community members, making over 25,000 contacts and reaching over 200 schools and organizations annually. Participants come from a variety of backgrounds and socioeconomic statuses including youth, families, teachers, and people with and without disabilities. For more information, please visit coloradoballet.org. Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Twitter